THE SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT
A SILENT NIGHT
Read Luke 1:67-79
There was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with cupcakes and a six-pack of root beer, and he started his journey. After about 3 blocks, he met an old woman who was sitting in the park staring at the pigeons. The boy went and sat next to her and noticed she looked hungry so he offered her a cupcake. She took it and smiled......................He had lunch with God he told his mother.
- What do you like best/least about Advent/Christmas?
- Why would the little boy in the park think he had lunch with God....what do you think the woman in the park thought?
- Have you ever felt like you "missed Christmas?" Why?
- Why is it so hard in 2017 to truly focus on the historical birth of Jesus? What can we/you do about that?
- The Shepherds had to actually travel to Bethlehem (a couple of miles on foot) to actually experience firsthand the birth....what do we have to do?
- Discuss: Remember that God is the one who gave everything for us. By doing as he would, we can encounter Him.